CANNONBALLLLLLL. If you have ever been in or around a swimming pool, chances are you have heard that yelled out! Cannonballs are fun for everyone — well, maybe not the person on the side of the pool who is getting soaked, but certainly for the person doing them!
We love that even if someone doesn’t know how to swim, they can still enjoy pool fun especially if the pool has a shallow end. You can put on a life vest and play around in the shallow end and enjoy yourself with friends and family.
If you’re a beginner and you want to do more than swim laps or don’t have any swimming pool tricks up your sleeve, here are a few of our fun favorites!
NOTE OF CAUTION:
- If you don’t know how to swim or aren’t a strong swimmer, wear a life vest, regardless of your age.
- Children should wear life vests and
- No one should ever swim alone.
Fun Swimming Pool Tricks You Need To Know
It’s fun and a useful skill for lap swimmers.
To do a somersault:
- Practice in water that isn’t above your head – when you’re just learning.
- Bend at the waist
- Propel yourself forward using your arms and legs to help you spin in a circle.
- Picture yourself rolling down a hill in a tire to get into the headspace of your somersault.
Make certain no one is in your way when you’re going to dive. Don’t dive during a pool party when a lot of people are in the pool. ALWAYS keep your arms extended above your head to protect yourself.
Be prepared to do a few belly flops before you get it right.
- To practice diving, jump up, bend your body and aim the top of your head into the water.
- Your body should (hopefully, to avoid the belly flop) follow your head in a straight line into the water.
- You’ll know you mastered it when you don’t land on your belly and when you break the surface of the water cleanly and smoothly.
Synchronized swim handstand
- To perform a handstand practice in water that isn’t over your head when you stand.
- Propel your body down toward the bottom of the pool, place your hands – palms flat – on the pool floor.
- Keep your body straight until your feet are sticking out of the water. Ta-da!
Make a big splash at any party when you do this and you can soak everyone who is relaxing poolside. It’s a win-win… for you!
Any swimmer, of any age or skill level, can master the “art” of the cannonball. All you need to do is jump into the water while tucking your knees up to your stomach and wrapping your arms around your legs.
You will know you’ve mastered if when you hear the splash and the shrieks of everyone poolside!