If you already have a swimming pool, the reasons to get into it will be some that you already know. If, however, you’re new to swimming pool ownership or are in the thought process phase of “should we get a swimming pool this year”? then this article might just help you make your decision. If you’ve been a pool owner for a while this article might breathe new life into the reasons why you should get out and jump back into the pool right now (well, weather permitting!)
Reasons To Get Into The Swimming Pool
- Strengthen your core. Swimming helps strengthen your core and because your core supports the rest of your body, this is a great thing to do. Get in, swim some laps and get a stronger core!
- Strengthen your heart. When you swim you are building your heart and strengthening your cardiovascular system. There aren’t too many other exercises that can make your heart stronger, but not cause any damage to your joints like your hips or knees.
- Increase your endurance and your lung capacity. As we age, we may not take as deep a breaths as we used to and that can lead to weaker lung. When you swim you are increasing your lung capacity and that can help you with any potential lung issues that may arise — like pneumonia.
- It’s just fun! Is there anything better than doing a cannonball into the swimming pool? Probably not. When you’re in the pool, you’re relaxing your mind and exercising your body — it’s a great combination.
- Having fun with friends and family. When you have a swimming pool you have a party spot right in the back yard and what better place to spend time with friends and family? We can’t think of any!
When is the last time you jumped in the pool? When is the last time you hosted a pool party for friends and family? If your pool is still closed for the season, spend some time now planning the pool opening party event of the season! Call your pool contractor and get on his schedule for a pool opening and here’s to a great 2018 swim season!