What is the best way to get in shape without feeling like you’re getting a workout? How about swimming!? When you swim and when your children swim and are in the pool frolicking it’s not like anyone is actually “exercising” but you’re getting in shape and having fun and no one is breaking a sweat!
If you’ve been thinking about getting your own swimming pool, but are looking for another reason or two in order to tip you over the edge into swimming pool owner, here are is something to consider:
- It’s an easy way to get in shape
- You won’t injure yourself
- You won’t put stress or strain on your joints
- Even if you have back pain you can swim and you can swim without causing pain
- Swimming works your entire body
- When you swim you are getting a great cardio workout
- Swimming enhances your lung capacity
- You can swim no matter how hot it is
- You will sleep better
Water aerobics are fun and almost anyone of any physical state can benefit from a swim workout. When you’re in the pool you can do jumping jacks, you can run from side to side you can do lunges — almost any exercise you do on land you can do in the pool — just keep your head above water!
Add a weighted belt or use water weights to help kick your calorie-burning up a notch.
Sneak Fitness Into Your Swimming Pool Fun!
Talk with your doctor before you jump from couch potato into active fitness participant talk with your doctor to make sure he or she agrees that you are healthy enough to start swimming. Most doctors do agree that swimming is a great way to get into shape in a way in which won’t put you in harm’s way for an injury.
Here are other benefits that you will reap when you buy a swimming pool for your family.
- Tone your entire body
- Improve your coordination and balance
- Benefit from the resistance that the water provides
- Walk in the water if you can’t swim (some adults can’t swim but you can still workout in the pool)
- You will sleep better if you swim daily
Swimming provides ten times more resistance than working out on land and is much less likely to cause you any injury.
Do you want to get in shape? Stay in shape? Are you looking for ways to get your kids more active without harping on them about exercise — this is no good for their self-esteem. Do you need more reasons to invest in a pool for fun and family health?
- Improve your respiratory system
- Improve range of motion
- Improve endurance
- Burn up to 500 calories based on the intensity and length
Take an aerobics class. Look online for swimming workouts. Just jump in the pool and have fun, swim laps or jog from side to side.