Start A Thanksgiving Day Spa Tradition
What do you need to do to start a Thanksgiving spa tradition? Let your imagination run wild, but know yourself well enough to know what makes you feel pampered and relaxed. Here are a few items to consider investing in for your spa tradition.
- Candles. There is never a bad day for a candle! If you want to bring the holiday theme with you to the hot tub or spa, invest in pumpkin spice, vanilla, cinnamon, pine-scented or berry scented candles, light them and place them all around the spa. Light enough candles and you won’t need to have any other lighting other than the flickering candles.
- Decorate. Add some pumpkins or gourds, fir boughs, leafy garland, scented pine cones and other items that make you think of Thanksgiving or the holidays. Decorate the entire area, tables, the pathway to and from the hot tub and surround yourself with holiday remnants.
- Music. There is nothing better to set the mood than turning on your favorite music. If you’re ready for holiday songs, play them to your heart’s content. If you want to relax and listen to classical music, jazz or your favorite rock music, do what ever makes you happy and feel relaxed.
- Champagne. Okay, you don’t need to have champagne, you can have your favorite wine, pumpkin spice coffee, mulled cider, hot cocoa or whatever you want to sip while you’re enjoying your spa.
- Dinner. If you were invited to dinner and don’t have any leftovers to snack on, you may want to have a light dinner of cheese, crackers, grapes or whatever strikes your fancy. Order takeout. Cook your own turkey dinner earlier in the day then you can feast after you’re done in the spa.
Holidays are stressful for many people, having your spa day to look forward to at the end of the day is sure to keep you smiling all day. Your spa day will also help you relax and sleep well before you hit the Black Friday sales!